Treating Lungworms in Dogs

Category Pets
This guide is about treating lungworms in dogs. Lungworms are a parasite that can infect dogs and cause respiratory infections. Thankfully they are treatable.

We have been getting slugs for about 2 years. We wake up in the morning and see slug trails everywhere, but don't see the slug. The only time we see them is on a evening.

My mum who lives next door has them as well, she's even found them in the fridge. The thing that's causing concern is I was reading a article about lung worm at the vet. I have 4 dogs: it said dogs can catch lung worm from eating slugs or digesting their slug slim. It worries me a lot, has anybody else the same concerns?

By yorkshirebell from Leeds

Answers

Anonymous

Coughing is the most common sign of lungworm infection.

You can read all about Lungworm:
http://www.siri  gworm-flukes.htm

Put a trail of table salt where you have seen the slugs and to keep them out of your home, put a line of salt across your the door frame outside.

I had some slugs in Louisiana. They came in under a door that didn't fit tightly. When it was adjusted, they stopped coming in. Can you follow their trail & see where they are entering?