Cleaning Burnt On Spills in Oven

By joyce m mundie 17 2

My oven is in need of a good cleaning. Does anyone have ideas for how to get nasty burnt marks off my oven?

By Joyce from Pittsburgh, PA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Keeper 58 1,055 Flag

Someone here on Thriftyfun suggested making a paste of dish detergent and baking soda. Put it on the burn crusty parts. Let stand about 15 mins. and wipe off and rinse. Depending on how bad it is it might take a couple tries. It even works great on the burner pans. Worked for me. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kathleen williams 76 1,661 Flag

Try natural cleaning techniques. You can buy natural cleaners for your oven that aren't so harmful to your skin, or you can try making your own. One alternative that many have found helpful is baking soda. To do this, sprinkle some of the baking soda on the bottom of your oven and spray lightly with water. Repeat this step for a few hours. Later, scrape out the baking soda and wipe the bottom of the oven with a wet washcloth to remove any residue. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sharon 6 12 Flag

My mom gave me this tip a few years ago on how to clean a oven. In a cold oven, lay a dish towel size rag on the bottom, then saturate it with ammonia and let it sit for atleast 24 hours. Then wipe clean. I was amazed on how well this worked without have to scrub anything. It does leave an ammonia smell and you would think that when you baked something it would get into the food but I baked the following day and everything was fine. The ammonia smell does go away. Thanks Mom

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Cleaning an Oven
Cleaning an Oven
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesNovember 18, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning an Oven
Cleaning an Oven
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Spilled Milk in kitchen
Preventing Spills in the Kitchen
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 5:19:45 PM on 10.0.1.34 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings