Raised Veggie Garden

How I made a raised garden out of cardboard boxes, a tub from an old washer and some lumber on top of my driveway. I had to haul in a pick-up load of dirt. Then I build a 4x6 foot box. I have 12 tomatoes, 10 potatoes, strawberries, corn, squash, watermelons, sweet peas, onions and cucumbers. There is also one hanging tomato I wanted to try.

The potatoes are in Eggo boxes lined with garbage bags. The white cylinder is an old window shade to encase the tomatoes. Trying to keep the birds and squirrels out. The silver metal tub is the inside of an old washing machine.

By Leonard the Bull from Moorpark, CA

Top Comment

Here is another picture of Leonard's garden. Tomatoes coming along just great. Some green ones are perfect for fried Green Tomatoes....yum. But I'll wait so we can enjoy the ripe ones first. Later this winter we may have some green ones to fry. GG Vi

Several raised garden beds full of lush plants
Making a Raised Bed Vegetable Garden
Home and Garden Gardening Raised BedsMay 31, 2009
wood framed garden bed
Building Raised Beds
Veggie burger patty.
Veggie Burger Recipes
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Gardening in Raised Beds
Gardening in Raised Beds
🎉
🎄