Kitty Valentine Card

With some fabric scraps, cardstock, and a few other supplies, kids can create these cute kitty Valentine cards in no time at all.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

• fabric scraps
  • white cardstock
  • black marker
  • scissors
  • craft glue
  • black craft foam

Instructions:

Cut a piece of white cardstock that measures 4x9 inches, and fold in half.

Cut a 3 inch heart from fabric scrap for cat's face. Cut a smaller heart (about 1 inch) from coordinating fabric for cat's ears. Cut the smaller heart in half vertically.

Apply glue around back edge of large heart and place it upside-down on card. Apply glue to each half of small heart and glue underneath cat's face for ears (refer to photo).

Cut two small circles from craft foam for eyes and glue into place. Using black marker, draw cat's nose and whiskers. Write "I love you" or other personal message below cat's head.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

What a cute idea! This would be an easy and cute item to make for shut-ins, for those who receive receive Mobile Meals, or for just anybody; teachers, kids, the mail carrier. Thanks for sharing your idea with us!

OMG! That is so cute! I saw a pin once where you did the upside down heart was the pigs face, and two tiny hearts in the back were the ears, and one tiny heart in the front was the nose. It was adorable. Thanks for sharing! PBP

I love making homemade cards. They're so expensive to buy and not nearly as nice. Thanks for the great idea.

This is adorable and I can't wait to make our own!

Love this idea! Even though it's after V-day. I''ll make a few as I'm always running a little behind when the actual holiday comes around! LOL - great way to use up scraps too!

Love this idea. Going to use this at school where I am a foster grandma... gramma D

A Valentine's Day window card with candy hearts.
Homemade Valentine's Day Cards
Photos Holiday Valentine's DayFebruary 9, 2010
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
🎉
🎄