Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How To Use A Featherbed

How do you use a featherbed? Do you use it over the mattress cover or put the cover over the feather bed?

Lois

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Robin L. Burris [3]07/24/2007

I agree featherbeds are great,but i am very sensitive to smell and I can smell the feathers even if it has not gotten wet. I would put it under the fitted sheet to help it stay in place if it fits right it shouldnt move to much i would think, but i don't actually own one just sleep on one when visiting my mother-in-law.

By Jennifer Nelson [1]07/18/2007

I use my feather bed on top of the mattress and put the bottom sheet on top. It is wonderful! So comfy in the winter :-)

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

By Noella [9]07/18/2007

I guess either way will work, but I put the featherbed on top of the mattress cover so each time I change the sheets, I can fluff up the featherbed. And contrary to the other poster, my back pain went away when we got the featherbed. So I guess everyone is different.

By Donna [15]07/13/2007

I bought a featherbed a couple of years ago, i just put the featherbed on the bare mattress, then put the mattress cover on the featherbed mattress, then wen't ahead and made up the bed as desired. Featherbeds are tricky, they can cause sooo much back pain if you already have a troubled back as i do, that is why i bought the featherbed in the first place. it is much better to use a memory foam mattress pad, they last alot longer, and don't bunch up like the featherbed. Good luck with it, be sure to put some sort of protective barrier on the featherbed as they tend to smell if they get wet. you can get a generic memory foam from overstock.com very, very reasonably