Preheating Bowls and Plates

I always microwave my husband's plates or bowls to heat them as he eats slow being he's disabled and it helps to keep his food warm longer.

By Nancy from Madison, WI

That's a really great idea. I wonder if you could use a flax pillow (or other sort of microwaveable heasting pad), too.

I have heard that if a dish, plate, bowl or cup gets hot in the microwave that it is not microwave safe.

All dishes will get hot in the microwave eventually. There is some truth to the idea that if a dish gets hot in the microwave it is not really microwave safe, but there is a time limit. Ex: if it gets hot in 30 seconds at full power at 1000 watts. I believe this takes into consideration that the dish in question contains food to be heated. I don't know what the "formula" is to determine this, anyone... ??

Thank you so much!! Having just gotten braces, I find myself eating so slowly that my food gets cold. What a great tip!

License Plates Decorating a Wall
Crafts Using License Plates
Waffle Bowls
Purchasing Ready Made Waffle Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Making Fabric Bowls
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls
🎉
🎄