Nectarine Cinnamon Banana Cake
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 8, 2019
I've really come to like the taste of baked nectarines and cinnamon together. They go together quite nicely. This cake is full of nectarines and bananas and is a lovely fruit explosion for the transition of summer to autumn. The nectarine slices are not only pretty on top, but they help keep the cake luxuriously moist. The coconut powder gives the cake a really nice gritty crunch. I love topping a slice of this with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
In these photos I split the cakes between two small pans to give one as a take-home gift, but I'm sharing the recipe for one whole larger cake. You can split them in two, if you wish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten free flour works well, too)
- 1 cup coconut powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp melted butter or oil
- 2 nectarines
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk together the flour, coconut powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Beat the egg into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the milk, cinnamon and melted butter (or oil).
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine completely.
- Pour batter into lightly greased 9" cake pan (or 2 smaller ones).
- Thinly slice nectarines and arrange on top of the batter. Bake in preheated oven until cake pulls away from the sides, about 40 minutes. When I did the 2 smaller cakes, they were ready in about 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Slice and serve as is or with cinnamon dusted cream.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.