Banana-Cinnamon Muffins with Crumb Topping
The amazing aroma and taste of banana cinnamon muffins make them a breakfast delight. This is a page about banana-cinnamon muffins with crumb topping
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These muffins are a nice healthy crunchy snack with coffee in the morning!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup mashed bananas (3 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2/3 all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp (heaping) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cupcake pan with shortening, spray flour, or line them with paper wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, butter and eggs until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & bananas & vanilla. Mix until all moistened.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full. Bake for 17-21 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Take them out and let them cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl melt the butter, and in a second bowl mix the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Take the muffin and dip it in the butter and then the crumb mix. Do this to each muffin. It gives each muffin a crumbly topping.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl combine the first 4 dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Combine the Topping ingredients. Cut in 1 Tbsp butter or margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO