Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Cranberry and pumpkin dishes spell fall. Take advantage of sales on fresh or frozen cranberries at this time of year to make these delicious muffins. This is a page about making cranberry pumpkin muffins
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Still taking advantage of great sales on cranberries and canned pumpkin. This is another delicious recipe that can be frozen. It makes 24 muffins. I made some changes, which I will include in parentheses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Taste of Home
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 3/4 cup all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar (1/4 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil (1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin and oil and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.