Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
February 8, 2018
Still taking advantage of great sales on cranberries and canned pumpkin. This is another delicious recipe that can be frozen. It makes 24 muffins. I made some changes, which I will include in parentheses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Taste of Home
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 3/4 cup all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar (1/4 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil (1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin and oil and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.