Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Still taking advantage of great sales on cranberries and canned pumpkin. This is another delicious recipe that can be frozen. It makes 24 muffins. I made some changes, which I will include in parentheses.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Source: Taste of Home
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour (1 1/2 cups whole wheat and 3/4 cup all-purpose)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar (1/4 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil (1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin and oil and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!