Pumpkin Flax Muffins Recipe
Pureed pumpkin, fresh or canned, ground flaxseed, and tasty spices help make these muffins disappear quickly. This page contains a pumpkin flax muffins recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is another recipe I found to use my pumpkin puree. A healthy, tasty muffin for breakfast on the go. These will not stay fresh on the counter for long, since they have no preservatives. Take out what you need and freeze the rest.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
Source: Shared on Facebook
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
*I used the syrup from a can of yams like I used for my cranberry yam bread recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients and the maple syrup in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients and the coconut oil. Mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients bowl. Add the wet ingredients and mix well, from the bottom up.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Put into lined or greased muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.