Sticky Butterscotch Banana Cake
The surprise ingredient in this banana and butterscotch chip cake is the liquid from a can of garbanzo beans, 5 egg whites can be substituted. You will love the sticky sauce that forms at the bottom of this light fluffy cake. The recipe for sticky butterscotch banana cake is found on this page.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 18, 2019
This cake tastes so good, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to make. The main cake part is made of aquafaba, the liquid you find in a can of canned chickpeas. If you don't have any, use about 5 egg whites. Sometimes I use a mixture of both. Since the cake is so light and fluffy, the butterscotch chips mix with the banana and sink to the bottom, making a luxurious sticky butterscotch sauce to use as topping. Don't worry, it ribbons itself in the middle of the cake, too. What a delight!
I did not use any added butters or oils to this cake because the banana and the butterscotch added all the creaminess necessary.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- liquid from 1 can of chickpeas (or 5 egg whites)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the aquafaba in a large bowl and add the salt. Beat on low and gradually increase speed. As it's puffing a bit, add the cream of tartar and sugar, while beating.
- Beat in the mashed banana.
- Fold in the flour, 1/4 at a time.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch cake pan and pour in the batter. Bake until edges are lifting and browned, about 40 minutes.
- This cake is awesome served warm. When you cut into the cake, the sticky butterscotch sauce will be on the bottom. Scoop it up and place on top with some whipped cream or ice cream.
- You will find ribbons of the butterscotch sauce inside, too! Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.