Banana Split Cake Recipes
Enjoy the delicious flavor of a banana split in this favorite dessert that can be made in several different ways. This page contains banana split cake recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 3 large bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large carton Cool Whip
- chopped nuts
- chopped cherries
Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup melted margarine and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in bowl. Press into bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Beat egg whites, remaining 2 cups confectioners' sugar and remaining 1/2 of softened margarine in mixing bowl on high speed for 10 minutes. Pour over crumb crust. Spoon pineapple over cream layer. Arrange bananas on top. Spread Cool Whip over bananas. Sprinkle with nuts and cherries. Chill for 15 minutes.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Editor's Note: This recipe does use raw egg whites.
Here's an idea for what you can do with left over, unfrosted cake.
- chunks of leftover cake
- 1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 carton strawberries, sliced
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 can chunk pineapple
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- chocolate syrup
Set aside chunks of left over cake (or bake a 13x9 inch vanilla cake and cut into chunks). Prepare package of pudding. Mix all the fruit together. Then in a glass trifle bowl or any clear bowl:
- Add a layer of cake chunks.
- Add layer of mixed fruit.
- Add layer of pudding.
- Add layer of whipped cream.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Start over with cake chunks and repeat layering one more time.
This cake is always better the next day after chilling overnight.
By Lara from Brunswick, OH