Cleaning Your Dog's Teeth

How can I get plaque off of my dog's teeth without going to a vet?

By Janet from Portsmouth, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Your pet's vet should clean the dog's teeth to remove all plaque buildup. The vet can tell you if the dog has gum disease or any teeth need pulled.

For maintenance thereafter; you can add a cap full of breathalyzer to the drinking water daily which slows down the bacteria inside the mouth.

Use a child's battery powered toothbrush to keep teeth clean at least three times a week if the dog is small and get a larger toothbrush according to dog size. I've tried the regular toothbrushes and I prefer the battery operated ones better. Notice when the dog yawns how clean the back teeth are. If you're missing places or cleaning well.

You can give a RAW bone to a dog as long as it's placed in the freezer for two weeks first to kill the bacteria. It is cooked bones that cause many problems for animals as they splinter and get swallowed. I buy bags of bones from the meat packing business and keep in the freezer for my pets and they do help clean teeth. The dogs get these outdoors.

Canned dog food and soft cooked foods are okay as long as their teeth are cleaned afterwards. It is this type of food preparation that cause more plaque on teeth sooner. Dry dog food is best to help keep teeth clean versus the soft food.

I know you don't want to have the vet remove the plaque but for the dogs overall health please do so and maintain thereafter using Lorelie's suggestions.

Schnauzer with its mouth open.
Cleaning Your Dog's Teeth
Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 19, 2011
Woman Grinding teeth and massaging jazz.
Teeth Grinding Treatment
Flipper Teeth
Buying Flipper Teeth Kits
Woman Flossing
Flossing Your Teeth
Woman brushing her teeth.
Cleaning Your Teeth With Baking Soda
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 9:16:03 AM on 10.0.2.156 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.