Frugal Kitchen Tool: Rubber Spatula

One of the most frugal tools in your kitchen is the rubber spatula. I use it when I have gravies, pasta sauce, etc. You would be shocked at the amounts of sauce, etc are left in the jar after pouring it out By using the rubber spatula you can clean out all the excess clinging to the can or jar. My husband even got him a set of rubber spatulas to clean out paint cans.

By DEBRADJ from ILLINOIS

I love my rubber spatuals too!

Don't put them in the dishwasher & they will last longer! Wash them by hand!

The place I don't like on them is where the handle is inserted into the rubber end of it - it gets "icky" --

I bought wood handled ones this last week at the $Tree 2/$1 --

I have several that are solid plastic, that have lasted for decades.. They go into the dishwasher all the time. No icky spots. And if you are only paying 50 cents for the others, how long do you need them to last? Wash them in the dishwasher -- no icky stuff then.

I agree that they are a great tool. Get some that are narrow -- about the same size as a butterknife. These are really good for cleaning out jars with a narrow mouth.

Woman Sifting Flour to Make Cookie Dough
Frugal Kitchen Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsAugust 14, 2008
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires
rubber_spatulas
Reusing Rubber Spatulas
🎉
🎄