Cleaning a PVC Corset

I purchased a PVC corset from someone and was disappointed to get it home and notice a rather repulsive smell emanating from the underarm areas. I need a way to eliminate the odour without using anything abrasive or damaging to the fabric. Cheers!

By Chrissy from Ontario

I would try using a gentle soap on a damp soft cloth. Wipe off with a dry cloth. You may also want to apply a bit of febreeze (or generic febreeze) to a cloth then apply to the pvc corset.

Hydrogen peroxide will remove the proteins. Try it and if it's fizzing, there's proteins. Let it work until it stops, then keep putting more on until it doesn't fizz any more. Water softener will remove the oils. Take around a 1/4 cup of water softener, put it in a bucket or smaller tub large enough for the corset. Fill the tub with lukewarm water and stir it until the water softener dissolves, then put the corset in. Leave it in for 30-60 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly.

Have it dry cleaned because from what I've read about pvc boned corsets you shouldn't clean them with anything liquid. In the future, purchase intimate wear new and not used :-(

Thanks for the feedback, I will have to try the hydrogen peroxide, I'm currently trying baking soda. I have tried before to clean it with a damp cloth and gentle detergent but to no avail. I've heard of using a vodka/water mix in spray bottle? Not sure if that works right.

*And Deeli, the corset is not intimate wear, it's a corset top, and a high quality one to boot, tag states to hand wash and lay flat to dry. For future reference if you have anything pvc Do not dry clean it! For the love god you will destroy the crap out of it!

Well, Chrissy from Ontario/Happy_Sushi, there was no need whatsoever to be rude and to cuss too! Excuse me for being a 56 year old who is modest and grew up knowing a corset is indeed intimate wear as is a bra! If the instructions told you how to wash it then why did you even ask the question of us? BTW, PVC boned corsets should be dry cleaned to reduce damage! Perhaps you meant leather? In that case then have it cleaned by a leather cleaner!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 11, 2010
Cutting PVC pipe
Cutting PVC Pipe
several birds made by poster o TF
Making PVC Birds for the Garden
PVC Pipes
Painting PVC Pipe
🎄