Cutting PVC Pipe

Whether you are putting in a sprinkler system, doing some plumbing, or using PVC for a craft project, knowing how to cut it successfully will ensure project success. This is a page about cutting PVC pipe.

Editor's Note: This post was submitted right after our founder, Susan Sanders-Kinzel passed away in December 2008. Her thrifty spirit is still alive today because of dedicated members like Sandi.

Recently, I needed some white plastic shelves put back together in a closet. However, I had a gap that didn't reach the top, but the full height of the shelf was too high.

So, I decided to use my trusty dusty little 3.97 hacksaw and cut the PVC like supports down. But, without a vise, it's hard to hold them.

Then, I swear, I thought to myself "What would Susan do"?

I had a couple of milk cartons (crates) stacked on each other, and slid one tube inside the hand cutouts, and was able to press the tube forward and cut it, without it sliding! It would work for wood dowels, etc.

I took a photo and went right to the computer to log on and submit it, when I heard the news about our wonderful and wise leader.

It took me a while to decide if I even wanted to submit anything anymore. I was not sure that her family was going to continue on and getting paid for ideas just seemed "tacky" for some reason. Then, I read so many things that she did and what we all said about her, and I thought she would want us all to keep up the good work she had started. So, here I am again.

I will start making some submissions of Valentines crafts, but I have to admit, I don't have as many as I did Christmas. However, I will keep going and keep thinking "Wow, wouldn't Susan have loved this one"!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceOctober 12, 2012
🐛
👔
👒
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-05-08 06:53:59 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️