Pack Your Lunch Instead of Eating Out

Making lunch or dinner at home instead of "grabbing a quick bite" at work, can easily save you $20 or more each week. Take your lunch to work every day and you'll find your $1,000.00 richer at the end of the year.

If you do go out for lunch or dinner, always ask for a doggie bag/box and save leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Any food left on the table is money wasted.

Source: www.HassiesKitchenTable.com

By Faylee from Kingsport, TN

This is a good tip. I was in a rut of grabbing fast food when I was out running errands but I rarely do that now and just come home and eat leftovers or fix a sandwich. It not only saves money but I think I've even lost a little weight!

Debbie, you probably have lost weight. It's scary how high in calories most fast food is! I've used a variety of strategies to avoid eating out or eating on the cheap. I've even stocked up on Lunchables and had that with a soft drink. Then again, I only had a half-hour lunch break on that particular job. Short lunches keep us skinny, too, lol! (I'm sure not skinny anymore!)

Oops! I forgot to say, the last time I just left food on the table was at a local Mexican restaurant, the day my oldest son got married. I still regret that. And since most restaurant meals are twice what anyone should eat, why not ask for half to be put in a "to-go" container when you order?