Removing Human Urine Odor from Subflooring

I have just repossessed a flat that I own and as a parting gesture, the tenant has urinated on the carpet, which I have disposed of. Unfortunately we did not notice this at first and it has soaked through to the wooden floor boards.

As you can imagine the smell is really bad. I have bleached it and tried bicarbonate of soda, but smell is still bad. I would be grateful for any help on how to get rid of this smell please.

By Lucy from Scotland, UK

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hi Lucy,

I had this problem at my previous job and just simply went to the pet store and bought a product used for removing dog urine. It worked just great. The name of the product I used is called "Natures Miracle". Dont know if it is sold in the U.K. but anything for dog urine will work on human urine, just make sure is says that it has enzymes.

Hope this helps, Nancy

I don't know if you can get it over the pond, but we have a product called "KILZ" and it does just that. If you can get some, put several coats on and you can't go wrong.

As a former property manager, your best bet after that is to charge them for the cost of product and labor. Then, make sure that anyone who ever asks for a reference knows about their "parting gift".

Good luck!!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 1, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning Toilet
Removing Urine Odor from a Bathroom
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 4:12:35 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.