Removing Urine Odor from Skin

Category Odors
When a person suffers from incontinence they can develop a urine odor that is difficult to remove. This page is about removing urine odor from skin.

I am a woman who suffers from urine odor almost everyday. The only relief I can get is to wash with vinegar. If there are any other suggestions you have I would be greatly appreciative.

Answers

Best Answer

According to this website: http://kidneypa … ?f=2&t=5680, the odor is caused by a buildup of urea (uric acid) in the blood. I would bring this up with your doctor to make sure your kidneys are functioning as they should.

Best Answer

I visit a nursing home several times a month and they have a resident who seems to have this type of problem (not everyone is sympathetic either) and they also give her vinegar baths.
Her nurse told me it was from a condition called trimethylaminuria.

I do not know if this is related to your condition but here is a site you may wish to check out:

https://ghr.nlm … minuria#synonyms

A vinegar wash is probably the most effective.

Have you talked to your doctor about possible prevention methods, such as medication? There are medications to help prevent leakage, such as oxybutin, vesicare and many others. There is also a device called a pessary and nerve simulators. If you are on medicare pads may be covered that are more absorbent.

aside from vinegar washes and doctor's visit (for kidney issues or possible diabetes) I would modify my diet in some way.

The first would be to proactively eat the sort of diet that is good for people with kidney disorders, which includes things like avoiding high potassium and high protein foods: http://rmkidney … ods-bad-kidneys/

second of all, you should try to increase tenfold your water intake. You might consult with a doctor, but I believe that higher hydration to be a great thing when you are having issues with elimination functions. A classic symptom of dehydration is very smelly, concentrated pee. Increasing water also can mean decreasing the intake of highly processed, sugary, or dehydrating beverages like coffee or sodas.

Third of all, greens and vegetables are very alkalizing, and also deodorizing. Eating celery, parsley, and other raw vegetables is great for your breath besides being very healthy. Citrus fruits, especially lemons, are also great.

I happen to believe that whatever you put in your body comes out in some way or other, thus if you eat mostly natural, plant based foods you should see an improvement. So saying, please don't hesitate making sure you do not have a kidney disorder or diabetes especially before undetaking dietary changes (for instance some believe that raw cruciferous greens are bad for people with kidney stones due to oxalic acid and thyroid function)