Removing Urine Odor from Skin

Category Odors
When a person suffers from incontinence they can develop a urine odor that is difficult to remove. This page is about removing urine odor from skin.

I am a woman who suffers from urine odor almost everyday. The only relief I can get is to wash with vinegar. If there are any other suggestions you have I would be greatly appreciative.

Answers

Best Answer

According to this website: http://kidneypa  ?f=2&t=5680, the odor is caused by a buildup of urea (uric acid) in the blood. I would bring this up with your doctor to make sure your kidneys are functioning as they should.

Best Answer

I visit a nursing home several times a month and they have a resident who seems to have this type of problem (not everyone is sympathetic either) and they also give her vinegar baths.
Her nurse told me it was from a condition called trimethylaminuria.

I do not know if this is related to your condition but here is a site you may wish to check out:

https://ghr.nlm  minuria#synonyms

I need ideas on how to remove urine smell on my son's body.

Answers

Without knowing the context of the issue with your son, my first instinct is to recommend taking him to the doctor and having the smell checked out. There are medical conditions that cause a person to have a urine smell and they are treatable.

If your son gets a clean bill of health, which I pray he does, the doctor can give you ideas of what is safe for his skin if this is caused by diapers or pee accidents.

Post back what you learn! Prayers for an easy answer!

The odor is coming out of his pores. There could be a medical reason for this. You need to take him to a doctor

urine smell can unfortunately indicate some sort of kidney failure so i hope it is not that

if the issue is that he just does not have good hygiene (boys at a certain age can be lax in personal hygiene) the only real option is to make sure he bathes a lot

if he bathes at least once a day and his clothes are changed and cleaned, and his bedding is clean, there' sno reason a healthy boy should have a urine smell

Sound advice - be sure there is no medical reason for the strong odor (even if he is having problems) first and then pose the question to his doctor about the lingering odor. The doctor may even prescribe a medication for a short period of time.

Caution: Do not limit water/fluid intake during the day as that can lead to even stronger odors.

Wiping/cleaning everything (even skin) with white vinegar will help to reduce/eliminate the odor. The vinegar smell will only last a short while.

You may have to rub some sort of lotion on his skin to keep it soft (lotion without perfume please).