Lettuce Cup Tacos

contest winner icon

Ingredients

• 1 head of butter lettuce cleaned and dried*
  • taco meat
  • cheese
  • salsa
  • minced onion
  • sour cream

*I use a salad spinner

Directions

Use a leaf of the lettuce as a taco shell. Fill with your favorite combination of taco goodies. Pick up and eat!

This lettuce is fabulous! I find it in my supermarket in a plastic container. It still has the roots on it. It stays fresh for a long time. The leaves form perfect little cups.

Source: I got the idea off of the Food Network. They used chicken salad. I have a Lap-band and have a hard time eating taco shells. It worked perfectly!

This sounds great, Jess. I also have a lap band and have really missed tacos. I can't wait to try this.

This is a great idea and this lettuce is much softer (almost melts in your mouth) and pliable than regular or romaine lettuce leaves are :-)

I love this type of lettuce and you can get it during peak season in abundance in regular cut head form rather than in the plastic growing containers much less expensively :-) Actually, it's in season soon! It's known as Butter, Boston or Bibb lettuce :-)

PS, I am giving you a thumbs up even though we are contest competitors this week ;-)

Thanks for posting this simple recipe that packs a lot of taste. I've done something similar for years using Radicchio with homemade meat sauce and summer squash, onions, peppers and zucchini (I'll post it).

I saw this just last night on Good Eats on The Food Network and he used tuna salad - looked soooo good - thanks for posting!

Well you've sparked some ideas for everyone. Including us low carbers. Thanks

Taco filling on lettuce leaf.
Lettuce Wrap Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes International Mexican TacosMarch 24, 2009
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🎄