Spicy Quinoa Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
October 10, 2012
These lettuce wraps are full of flavor and make a great lunch or snack.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 wraps
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bibb lettuce
- guacamole, optional
- shredded cheese, optional
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Put cooked quinoa into a large bowl.
- Add black beans, bell peppers, and onion. Mix to combine.
- Add salsa and stir. Then add pepper and salt; mix well.
- Carefully remove lettuce leaves from core. Wash well under cold water and dry thoroughly.
- Spoon about 1/4 c. quinoa mixture onto each leaf. Top with guacamole, salsa, and cheese if desired.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.