Spicy Quinoa Lettuce Wraps Recipe
This page contains a spicy quinoa lettuce wraps recipe
. Reduce the calories with these nutritious, vegetarian lettuce wraps.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These lettuce wraps are full of flavor and make a great lunch or snack.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8-10 wraps
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bibb lettuce
- guacamole, optional
- shredded cheese, optional
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Put cooked quinoa into a large bowl.
- Add black beans, bell peppers, and onion. Mix to combine.
- Add salsa and stir. Then add pepper and salt; mix well.
- Carefully remove lettuce leaves from core. Wash well under cold water and dry thoroughly.
- Spoon about 1/4 c. quinoa mixture onto each leaf. Top with guacamole, salsa, and cheese if desired.