Washing With a Broken Arm

Fortunately I have not broken my arm. People that I know who have broken their arm say their biggest complaint is that they can't wash their good hand. So being the problem solver that I am, I found this little foot shaped foot scrubber at Wal-Mart. It has suction cups on the bottom and very soft rubbery little strips attached to the top.

So we gave it a try to wash one hand, and it works very well. Just dampen it, and a little squirt on soft soap or foaming soap then briskly rub your hand top and palm back to front. Run a little water to rinse it off and just leave it in the sink. It's not hard to dry one hand, but it is sure hard to wash it.

By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA

And here it is, unfortunately we have another broken arm so it's back in use.

What a brilliant idea. Most people don't realize how difficult something like this is. Good for you and thanks for sharing!

Hey, this would be a great gadget for amputees and stroke victims who've lost the use of one arm, too.

When I had a broken arm, I found that when taking a shower, it was difficult to keep the arm dry. I took a newspaper bag (the plastic ones that the papers come in) and slid it over my arm. I then put a rubber band over the open end to make it watertight. It kept the arm and cast dry.

A girl with a broken arm.
Hand Washing With a Broken Arm
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 26, 2009
Vintage Quilt
Repairing a Long Arm Quilting Machine
Woman with lightened hair on her arms.
Making Your Arm Hair Lighter
Dealing With a Broken Arm
Dealing With a Broken Arm
Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
🎉
🎄