Growing Ivy From Cuttings

I love Ivy and would like to start up an outdoor pot of mixed Ivy. Does anyone have any advice on taking a cutting? My neighbors have a lovely mixture of Ivy plants. Thank you.

I've taken clippings of ivy and placed them in jars of water like I would a cut flower. In a while roots grow and then I plant them outside or in pots.

Ivy, being a vine, is one of the easiest things to start from cuttings. You can start them rooting in water as the other person suggested but sometimes those water roots break off when you transplant into soil. Chances are it will grow new roots and live anyway. You can also just put your cuttings into a small pot of soil and they will grow if kept moist and gets good indirect sunlight. Take cuttings at least 4 inches long and strip off the lower leaves or they will rot in the water or soil.

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsAugust 27, 2008
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Ivy Cutting
Growing Ivy
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants