Repairing a Sun Damaged Vintage Formica Tabletop

Help please! While doing some remodeling, my 50's Formica table was left outside, and the sun turned part of the top of the table gray. Is there any fix for this? Please help or I'm going to throw my husband out for doing this ; )

By Maureen

Oh man, well, is the husband worth keeping? Perhaps a tablecloth! Sorry, no clue how to actually fix the table, but your question with the hubby comment made me laugh, wanted to comment! Lol, Good luck!

I don't think there's really anything you can do to repair these sun bleached spots other than setting the table back out in the sun and allow the sun to finish the bleaching but this time don't have anything sitting on top of the table so it will bleach out evenly. Oh, and why is it all your husbands fault? You must have known it was outside for the amount of time it was to have caused this amount of bleaching and could have covered it for protection yourself. ;-)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that if more sun bleaching doesn't work why don't you simply paint the Formica surface? It appears that was done at some time or another already because of the decorative painted apple runner, so obviously there's a paint that will work well. :-)

Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesSeptember 19, 2010
Cleaning Formica
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Bottle of Clorox bleach.
Repairing Bleach Stains on Formica