Options for Unjamming a Drawer

I have a chest of drawers and the drawers do not come out all the way. There is something stuck behind a drawer and I'm unable to reach back far enough to get it out.

Any suggestions?

By Judy from Laurel, MT

Sometimes I have been able to use something like a screw driver or the blade of a knife, sometimes use the handle of a long spoon and reach in to jiggle the jammed item loose. I usually manage to get the item worked loose.

Try using a wooden ruler and see if you can move whatever is making the drawer stick out of the way, so you can easily open it.

Empty the drawer then try. If that doesn't work, empty all the drawers and turn the chest on its side or upside down. Whatever it is should fall out. There is one last hope if those don't work. See if the back will come off the chest. That will do it for sure.

Opening a Stuck Drawer
Opening a Stuck Drawer
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureAugust 16, 2010
A messy junk drawer.
Organizing Your Junk Drawer
Drawer Liner
Uses for Drawer Liner
Drawer Organizer
Desk Drawer Organizer Ideas
🎄