Reuse Pickling Solution

Store bought pickled baby corn is not cheap so I am doing well to replace the little corns with much less expensive canned version of unpickled corn and letting it cure for a couple days in the store bought solution. I bought the replacement corn off a markdown rack for only .75 cents. The pickling solution in the jar is still perfectly good and still potent, so to throw it out would be wasteful. I'd imagine the same could be done with beets.

Another use of the pickling spices is to use it to flavor canned spinach. I love it and my family has always used it, whether the spinach is served hot of cold.

By melody_yesterday

I have just packed a can of baby corn in brine, into a jar of left over pickle juice.

I packed the canned corn, less the brine, into the left over pickle jar and juice and lowered it into a small pan of boiling water. (the top of the jar was about an inch or so from the top of the boiling water, so as not to dilute the juice.)

It heated to about 190 for about 10 mins. I lidded the jar and set it out to cure. We'll see how it turns out.

I'll post the results.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 24, 2009
Norelco Razor
Homemade Norelco Razor Cleaning Solution
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
asparagus on wood cutting board
Freezing Asparagus
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 9:16:20 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 995 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.