FaceBeauty Recipes

Sugar Exfoliator

Category Face

I need to make a sugar exfoliator, using olive oil? I have dry skin and I want my face to look moisturized but not oily?

Jazmyn

The trick is to NEVER use water in your preparation... If you use water, the scrub will "melt"... Hence, no more scrub! Here's several ways to make an exfoliator for your body...

If you use Salt or Sugar scrubs on your face be very, very careful, as they are way to rough, so use sparingly, if at all on the face! Me? I'd use the exfoliator only about once per week on my body... If you're determined to use a FACIAL exfoliator, a much better one is made with Papaya Enzyme Face Mask, (the enzymes in the papaya take off the dead skin cells naturally) You can find papaya exzyme face mask's in most Health food stores, or even better, use a facial moisturizer every day that contains Alfa Hydroxy Acid like "Kiss My Face" which I recommend & is available at most Health food stores, Trader Joe's & Fred Meyer stores. If you use a facial moisturizer with AHA's in it daily, you'll never need to exfoliate your face again!

Here is how to make Body Scrubs:

---> Take a clean jar & fill it to near the top with either SUGAR or SALT, then pour in enough high quality vegetable oil to cover the Sugar or Salt... That's it!

*** The best oils are Apricot, Almond, Avocado, Safflower, Sunflower etc. or you can simply use plain old non virgin OLIVE oil or the corn oil from your kitchen cupboard!

http://www.moun  /bulkoil/a-c.php

*** To make it smell wonderful simply stir in several drops of your favorite essential oil with the vegetable oil before pouring over the Sugar or Salt. Grapefruit & other citrus oils like lemon &, lime & orange oil are usually the least expensive to buy. Peppermint oil will give your Scrub a wonderful "tingly feeling". Here's a warning: Be sure NOT to buy scents for candle making... Use essential oils or oils made for soap making, because these oils are made to tough the body... Scents for candle making are NOT!

http://www.moun  om/aroma/ess.php

Aromatherapy & Essential Oil Information:

http://www.arom  oils/default.asp

*** To make it even better, you can also add 3 or 3 tablespoons of Glycerin to the oil & stir well before adding to the Sugar or Salt. The glycerin will help to moisturize & is available online or in a drug store.. Just ask the pharmacist where it is located.

---> My daughter keeps it simple (PLUS no slipping in the shower) by leaving out the oil & other ingredients all together... She simple fills an old plastic Tylenol bottle with plain old table SUGAR & keeps it in the shower to mix with a bit of soap or shampoo... We use this plain sugar to scrub our arms, legs & body before putting on the new fake tanning lotions... Works great! And ever so inexpensive!

* This goes with out saying, but I'd thought I'd mention it anyway...Sugar & Salt come in all size crystals... from the huge type they use on your margarita's rim, to the very fine baking sugar that chefs use.... So pick a sugar or salt that has the size crystals that best suite your use... for your face, use the finest sugar you can find.... For your feet, ... I'd think the bigger crystals might work better... You can also use Epson Salt...

ME? ... I just use what's in the cupboard!

I made my own exfoliate by pouring a few teaspoons of sugar onto a damp flannel, then I poured on a few teaspoons of sunflower oil, i then circled it onto my face and it worked a treat! I would totally recommend it!