Soy Protein Wiener: Vegetarian Anthem

This is a little jingle I thought of when I decided to turn vegetarian. It's written to the tune of the Oscar Meyer wiener song and I think it has a shot at becoming our anthem.

Oh, I want to be a soy protein wiener,

That's just what I really want to be.
Because if I were a soy protein wiener,
Nobody would die from eating me!

Source: This is a sample from my humor writing. This particular collection is called 'Sardonic Verses' for obvious reasons. My other collections are 'Pernicious Puns' and 'One Hand Clapping: Musings from a Warped Mind'. Read at your own risk!

By Angela L. from Sault Ste Marie, ON

I love the song! I am a fellow vegetarian too. I have grown up eating these vegetarian products since the early 60's so it is exciting to see it catching on and available to everyone in most grocery stores. Keep singing!

I love it, too! Thanks! I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years and I think that the vegetarian products in the grocery stores have come a long way!

That was really good, it's catchy. Now that it's on the Internet, it's immortal. Wonder if the Oscar Mayer people patented their tune? I think they put their lyrics on an existing tune, same as you did. Way to go! More, More!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingMay 14, 2008
Using Soy Flour
Using Soy Flour
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
Tofu
Recipes Using Soy
🎄