Browsing: Cleaning Throw Rugs

Drying Rugs in Dryer

I have washed bathroom rugs in my washer, but I am scared to dry them in dryer. Is it safe to dry it in dryer? It takes days together to dry completely if dried in the sun. I really need some help. Does anyone know about this?

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If the mat has a rubber backing, I wash it in the washer in my first load. I lay it on top of the dryer while all loads are drying, and find it dries very well. Lay it rubber side up, as the coating can get brittle and flake if it gets too much heat.

I always dry mine in the dryer on low. However they should have a label telling you how to wash and dry. If they say no dryer than I wouldn't.

I wash mine in washer and then hang on door of laundry room or on shower curtain in laundry room. Heat from dryer drying other loads helps.

I have a wooden clothes drying rack for things like rugs and other items that can't be dryer dried. When the weather is not good for line drying, the items go on the rack. They'll be dried by the next morning. I don't like drying rugs in my dryer. It breaks down the backing too much. Hope this helps.

Help I dried a rubber backed rug in my 1 day old brand new Whirlpool dryer. There are rubber crumbs down inside where the lint trap goes. Should I vaccum it out ? How can I tell if the crumbs went anywhere else?

Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 26, 2004
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
clothes dryer
Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:54:26 PM on 10.0.0.194 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.