Can Humans Catch Worms From Dogs?

Parasites such as worms can be spread within and outside of a species. This is a guide about can humans catch worms from dogs?

May 7, 2007 Flag

What's are the chances of a human catching worms from a dog?

Amanda from Louisa, Kentucky

Best Answer

It depends on the worm. Hookworms and roundworms are the biggest risk, with roundworms being the scariest. If a roundworm egg is digested by a human (fecal to oral contact), it doesn't necessarily stay within the digestive tract like it would do in a dog. They can actually travel through the body and cause damage, most notably to an eye. Kids have been blinded due to roundworm ingestion.

It seems unlikely that fecal to oral contact will occur between kids and dogs, but does your dog lick his butt? Does he lick your kids faces? The good news is that roundworms are most common in puppies and less likely to occur in adults. Also, unlike some intestinal worms (whipworms and hookworms, for example), roundworms are clearly visible in your dogs poop. They look like spaghetti noodles. They are also very easy to treat.

Roundworms and hookworms are the reason why it is very important to have your pets checked for internal parasites every year. Just bring in a fresh poopy when you take your pet in for vaccines. Your vet will know what to do with it!

Food grade diatomaceous earth is organic and can be consumed by people and pets daily to eliminate all intestinal worms and parasites. I take it daily, as do my employees, my children, grandchildren, and I feed it to my 100 animal guardians 365 days/year.

Worm eggs blow in the wind, so you don't have to have pets to have worms. They say vegetarians have more worms than non vegetarians, simply because of all the worms that grow in the gardens where the veggies are grown.

You can find food grade diatomaceous earth here: http://www.wolfcreekranch.net

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html

and retailers here: http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/retailers.html

It's also great for thick shiny hair and strong nails! =)

For this previous statement, with the woman stating her vet said there is no need to worry about her baby getting it. The dog can lick it's own butt then the baby's face. The worms don't stay in the digestive track like they do with dogs. It can cause blindness and liver damage.

I have found these laying on our bed when the puppy gets up and they were even on our pillow. They look like sesame seeds. Are my daughter and I going to get sick?

July 18, 2014 Flag

Can humans catch worms from dogs?

By Eddie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes, of course!

Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
A veterinarian holding a dog.
Remedies for Worms in Dogs
Kitten With Worms
Treating a Kitten With Worms
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 8:00:27 PM on 10.0.2.112 in 831 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.