Frugal Candle Warmer

I really love how scented candles add to the atmosphere of a home. A scent softly wafting through my home just seems to make it seem more warm and cozy and I change the scents according to what season it is.

Being out of work for over a year, I cannot afford to buy my favorite highly scented candles right now. I was lamenting this on the phone to a friend when she shared her genius solution and I've been using it ever since.

When your candle burns down to the point it's no longer safe to burn or the wick is gone, simply turn on your coffee pot's warmer plate and set the candle on it. When the wax warms up, it produces the same amount of scent as when the candle is burning. A coffee mug warmer does the trick just as well.

I have noticed that my candles actually last even longer using this method, plus I don't have to worry about checking my burning candles for safety, or leaving the room with a candle burning.

By texasauthor from Dallas, Texas

My mom also uses a coffee warmer for her candles. I've recently discovered a way to heat my candles in a similar way. We have a wall heater so I placed 3 small jar candles on top and let it heat them up, works great and they give off scent all day in the winter with the heat being on most of the time. :)

I was just thinking about the coffee maker use and am wondering how much electricity it uses as it is 1500 watts.

Not sure but isn't that really expensive to run? The coffee mug idea is wonderful, though. Please correct me if I'm wrong, OK? Thanks for sharing.

Jar Candle
Jar Candle Tips and Tricks
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 22, 2010
Adjust a home's thermostat.
Frugal Tips for Keeping Warm in the Winter
Warm Plate With Food
Plate Warming Ideas
Pile of unused candles showing wear
Refurbishing Old Candles
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living