Using Pomegranates

I have been given several pomegranates. Do they ripen after being picked? Also, I would like some suggestions on using them.

By Anak

Yum! I just bought some pomegranates a few weeks ago. Do you know how to open them & remove the arils? If you haven't done that yet, you need to know that the juice stains. Don't wear your best crisp white shirt! I put all the arils into a storage container and leave it in the fridge. We just go get some whenever we want a snack.

Here is a link to the Pom Wonderful website. It has lots of good information. I never use mine in recipes. We just eat them straight!

Mrs.story gave you an excellent link! Also, do you know that for oodles of centuries that women used the juice that stains from pomegranates as a color cosmetic for lip and cheek stain? That's another use if you're willing to experiment. ;-)

Thanks for the advice. I've tried arils in my salads and we liked it a lot. Loved the Pom Wonderful site.

Pomegranate Finger Cakes
Recipes Using Pomegranates
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitNovember 16, 2010
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Pressure Cooker on White Background
Using A Pressure Cooker
Pomegranates on a Tree
Growing Pomegranates