Using Pomegranates

I have been given several pomegranates. Do they ripen after being picked? Also, I would like some suggestions on using them.

By Anak

Yum! I just bought some pomegranates a few weeks ago. Do you know how to open them & remove the arils? If you haven't done that yet, you need to know that the juice stains. Don't wear your best crisp white shirt! I put all the arils into a storage container and leave it in the fridge. We just go get some whenever we want a snack.

Here is a link to the Pom Wonderful website. It has lots of good information. I never use mine in recipes. We just eat them straight!

http://www.pomw  pomegranate-101/

Mrs.story gave you an excellent link! Also, do you know that for oodles of centuries that women used the juice that stains from pomegranates as a color cosmetic for lip and cheek stain? That's another use if you're willing to experiment. ;-)

Thanks for the advice. I've tried arils in my salads and we liked it a lot. Loved the Pom Wonderful site.