Earthworms in My House

After a big rain I found 20 or so earthworms inside my house in different rooms, including my garage, is this strange or what?

By Joeltw69 from Oklahoma City, OK

If you just had some heavy rains, the worms come looking for higher & dryer ground. If your house is built on a slab or partial slab foundation, the little buggers find a way in & start wandering around. If worms come in, other little critters may be taking the same route. You may want to consider treating your home with a product like Home Defense by Ortho or similar product available at your local hardware store or home center. Since I've been using it I see very few insects & creepy crawlers in the house if at all. If you're uncomfortable with using the pesticide yourself, call an exterminator for a treatment. However, that cost a lot more money & don't usually do any better job than you can do yourself.

I wouldn't kill them or use anything that does. Pick them up & put them in the yard or garden. They are such good guys. Use gloves if you don't want to touch them, & if you break or damage them in any way, just put whatever pieces you have in the yard. They can make many worms from the pieces.

I find earthworms in my sunroom after rains. Do you have any patio doors or doors with seals at the bottom of them? My door is flat with the cement outside at my back door. I've figured out thats how mine get in. They stick to the seal and then when you open the door they fall off. If you don't mind picking them up they don't hurt anything. Patty

Earthworms are totally harmless, and are good to feed to pet turtles, large fish, and such. If you have nothing of that kind, just put them back outside. However, if you have "broken" one, the head end might survive, but the broken off tail will not. Earthworms are a segmented worm, and can regenerate the lower few segments of their body only..

Home and Garden Pest Control WormsMarch 29, 2009
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Cricket on white
Getting Rid of Crickets in the House
Earthworms In Garden
Earthworms In Your Garden
🎄