Mayonnaise Soup Recipe

By jason 1

I was down south in Mississippi and ran across some folks that were selling mayonnaise soup. It was the best thing I have ever placed on my tongue. Has anyone heard of this or by chance have a recipe? It was a little thicker than a thick tomato soup. Please help.

By Jason from Dalton

Showing: Answers Sort

By Michelle P 3 19 Flag

I have never heard of this before, but it sure sounds like a recipe Paula Deen would love.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Annie Rios Hill 14 1,776 Flag

Wow! I tried Google and Bing search engines and could not find one single mayo soup recipe. If you can remember where you had it and contact them for the recipe. Also please post it if you

find it. Now I am super curious to know. What else besides mayo was in it?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janis 1 3 Flag

I found something @ million menu its called soup mayonnaise 2 cups veg oil 2 Tlb. dry milk 2 tsp. dry mustard 4 Tbsp water salt and sugar to taste. Mix milk with sugar, salt, mustard and pound well. Then add veg oil gradually beat till thick. I dont know what pound means. Good luck. It says Thailand cuisine.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By frances 1 99 Flag

I have lived in Mississippi all my life, and I have never heard of mayonnaise soup. Was this, perhaps, some kind of farm stand or family owned restaurant you found this soup in? That's the only thing I can think of. This soup isn't some "southern delicacy" by any means.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Anne 2 14 Flag

Hi Jason,

I looked it up and couldn't find anything either, however, I did notice that a lot of times when people tried to make their own mayonnaise it would come out very soupy. It's possible that this is what is was and whoever tried this originally found out that it tasted good as a soup so they continued to make it for themselves and their customers. You might want to try making some for yourself and see if it tastes similar. I'll try some myself soon. I'm curious.

Anne

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsSeptember 10, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipes
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:26:29 PM on 10.0.1.40 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings