Sour Milk on Upholstery

How do I get rid of spoiled milk smell in upholstery?

By Carly

I would try one of the enzyme soaks from the pet store (I like Natures Miracle) they get rid of vomit urine and feces, all organic, like milk. Remember to soak as deep as the milk went, and that it wont be smell free until it is completely dry (can be several days). Good luck.

March 3, 2011 Flag

What home remedy can remove sour milk vomit and the smell from upholstered furniture?

By Kelly from McMinnville, OR

August 17, 2010 Flag

How do you get the smell of sour milk out of the upholstery in a car? It just plain stinks.

Dennis from Staples, MN

Sour Milk on Upholstery

Spoiled milk is quite difficult to remove. But there are some simple solutions that can get rid and restore a fresh scent. You can pour a baking soda over the area where milk is spilled, sprinkle some cold water on top of the baking soda and let it stand overnight. You can vacuum it the next day to remove baking soda. If the smell still remains, you can try treating it with vinegar or with an enzyme odor remover. Hope this helps pal! (01/31/2006)

By Joe

Sour Milk on Upholstery

Borax is also a great neutralizer. (02/02/2006)

By camo_angels

Sour Milk on Upholstery

I found a product that easily removes spoiled milk. It's called Doodoo Voodoo, it sounds weird but it works. It removed it from my car's upholstery in 2 treatments. It was awesome. Go to: to get it. (02/15/2006)

By Emly

Baby drinking a bottle on a sofa.
Getting Rid of Sour Milk Smell in Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureMarch 3, 2011
Child Drinking Milk on Couch
Cleaning Milk from Upholstery
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes