Recycled Gift Bag Card
When I receive gifts in gift bags, I always keep the gift bags with the idea of recycling them, either as a bag for another gift, or as inspiration for a craft project. I recently received a gift bag with a beautiful floral pattern, and decided to recycle this bag by using the cut-out flowers to make a birthday card.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 8.2" x 6" light blue marbled cardboard
- 3.6" x 5.6" metallic paper
- one used gift bag with a floral pattern
- skeleton leaves, approximately 3-4
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- a pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- one A4 sheet of white paper
- one light blue marbled envelope
- Fold light blue marbled cardboard in half to create a card 4.1" x 6". Use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Glue the 3.6" x 5.6" metallic paper to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Carefully cut out the flowers from the used gift bag. I only used the flowers from the one side of the gift bag, saving the other flowers for another project.
- Arrange the leaves and flowers in place, and glue them to the front of the card.
- Create a 3D effect: for some flowers, glue the whole flower flat to the cardboard, and for others, use the self-adhesive foam squares to lift certain parts of the flowers from the background.
- Use the string that was attached to the original gift bag to "frame" the design.
- Print a message on the white paper, cut it to the correct size and paste it to the inside of the card.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
July 19, 20110 found this helpful
July 30, 20110 found this helpful
Very nice and pretty!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 10:43:58 AM on 10.0.2.32 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us