Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Phenobarbital for Dog Seizures

I have a 9 year Golden. He was doing fine on phenobarbital for seizures for a year now, but seizures have started again. Up to 2 pills am and 2 pills pm. Anyone else have this problem and how large a dosage can one give their dog with vet's orders on phenobarbital. I am so afraid that phenobarbital won't work for her anymore since one can go only so far with the dosage on it.

These seizures scare me to death and I so worry they will become uncontrollable.

Nanz from FL

By

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Phenobarbital for Dog Seizures

I have a 9 year Golden. He was doing fine on phenobarbital for seizures for a year now, but seizures have started again. Up to 2 pills am and 2 pills pm. Anyone else have this problem and how large a dosage can one give their dog with vet's orders on phenobarbital.