Fringe on Crocheted Scarf Unraveling

I am crocheting a scarf. How do I stop the fringe from unraveling?

By Connie from CA

Best Answer

Find a good stopping point and pull the end of the yarn through your final loop to secure it if you run out of yarn and need to start a new spool, or you are doing a multi-striped scarf. Thread the yarn through the stitches with a plastic needle to hide and protect it from unraveling. Do this at the very end of your project as well when the final length is achieved. Good luck.

Thank you for handy hint. I thought I tried that a good stopping point where I thought it would not unraval, then I moved it around to see what would happen and you could see that eventually it will unravel. I sell at craft boutique so I want to be careful, the yarn is homespun. I'm just starting to do boutiques.

woman in scarf
Making a Crocheted Scarf
Crafts CrochetDecember 24, 2009
Recycled T-shirt Scarf
Recycled T-shirt Scarf Ideas
multicolored scarf
Making a Crocheted Ruffle Scarf
Three Step Crochet Scarf
Making a Three Step Crochet Scarf
young girl wearing crochet hooded scarf
Making a Crocheted Hooded Scarf
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 6:37:36 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.