Preventing Neighbor's Ivy from Growing Under Fence

I put a vegetable box in the back yard along the fence, but little did i know that my neighbor has an ivy. Since I've put in the box, the ivy has been creeping over from underneath, which makes any kind of garden impossible. The only solution that I've thought of was to put some kind of plastic cover on the bottom of the box to try to prevent the ivy from coming over. Would that work? If not any suggestions?

Samantha from San Jose, CA

Use weed killer on ivy. It is a pest and is not sold in some states for that reason.

Do not get it on you vegetables or it will kill them too. You can put a piece of plastic under it too as that will keep the weeds down.

Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Ivy Cutting
Growing Ivy
English Ivy Leaf
Growing English Ivy
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants