Saving Money on Paper

Tips for saving money on paper. Share your ideas here.

I cut 4 pieces and use them for writing notes. So that way we save trees.

I use a razor type letter opener, use the clean side of envelope for my shopping list. Coupons go inside and toss when I get home.

I have done this for years (using the blank reverse side of handouts from work and school) plus I also save the junk mail flyers that come from real estate agents and also from unsolicited mail and print on the reverse side of such mailouts. I also use the blank side of any bills that I get. Just be careful to shred anything with personal information on it before you eventually toss the paper away, once you have used both sides of the paper. Identity fraud is such a big issue in today's society. I have my paper shredder next to my computer and shred paper whilst I am waiting for websites to load. I also use that shredded paper then, in my compost bin.

Anonymous

I never buy "note pads". Instead, save and cut to size what you already have. Junk mail envelopes, old calendar pages, any food package that accepts ink or pencil, harvest good paper from the wastebasket at work, even store receipts can be used to write a list or short note.

Here's what I do to save paper. When I make a mistake when I copy something, I cut out the part of the paper that is blank. Any mail I get that has parts that have blank areas, I cut it out. I now have a drawer full of paper that I use for notes, shopping list etc. I never have to buy pads to write on. You will be surprised how many pieces of paper you will have in a short time, and it's saving our trees.

By Tillie from Bay Shore, NY