Mildew is a common name for household mold that thrives in dark, damp, poorly ventilated places. Chlorine bleach, diluted according to label directions, is a good mildew remover for use on colorfast waterproof hard surfaces.
Mildew can also be controlled by lowering the humidity in a closed-in space such as a closet. In very humid weather, when mildew growth is greatest, use a continuously burning 60 watt bulb in a large closet to raise the temperature (and thereby lower the relative humidity). A smaller bulb can be used in a smaller enclosure. Be certain that the bulb is well away from any stored articles.
To clean wall boards mix water and bleach and rub down wall and let dry for 2 days before painting or covering . I did this under a window that had leaked and it worked!
Sharon from Canada
A good friend in the field told me that, bleach only sometimes kills the mold and often the mold is not removed. You are often left with dead mold on your walls.
Not only that, but bleach does not work on some surfaces and many people are very sensitive to bleach.
The solution is to remove the mold. A product that I've found that I've really liked is MoldZyme, www.moldzyme.com. I found some mold on my bathroom wall, and was able to remove it without taking off any paint. I've also tried it on my back deck, and it worked! I haven't seen the mold come back since then, which was months ago. The manufacturers say that it leaves an antimagnetic finish that prevents dust build up.
MoldZyme is also natural and non-toxic, so I don't have to worry about using it around my little daughter. It's also odorless, no more bleach smell!
I have a very bad mold/black mold problem in my truck. It sat for a while and when we went out it's full of mold. It has Leather seats and steering wheel. Will moldzyme work for me?
Thanks in advance, Keith
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!