Use Clip-on Earrings as Accessories

Just because money is tight doesn't mean you can't be "hip"! I had been admiring the cute costume rings that are all the rage right now, but no way was I going to spend money to buy one. So I thought and I thought...and guess what I found? Those clip on earrings I have laying around (some with matches, some without) make great rings!

Just clip one over a plain old band, even a cheap one, and you have a great piece of costume jewelry. Use a large one for a great fashion statement - plus you can change it as the mood suits. I also use them as clip ons to add flair to my flats (or heels if you can walk in them:), and as curtain tiebacks. I love anything vintage and you can find clip ons at any thrift shop for a steal!

By Joynchocolate from Landisville, PA

Thanks for the great tip!

Great idea. I have put them on dress shoes before. Works great.

Super use for them. Here's a couple more. Old rings can also be scarf clips or rings using the ring or the earring. Someone on here, just to give them credit without knowing who they were, said you can get through the day losing a button if you clip on an earring!

And, if you have a coat with a large button hole in the lapel you can slip in a nice old earring and jazz up the dull!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsAugust 17, 2009
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
making earrings
Making Recycled Earrings
Saving Money on Fashion Accessories
Saving Money on Fashion Accessories
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip