Now this can be made by kids with just a little help from mom and can be made for gifts for their friends or for themselves. This would also make a nice craft for a birthday party.
You will need:
- 1 large sun hat per kid
- 1 skein of yarn in brown, black, gold, or red - your choice
- one hot glue gun or Alene's quick dry glue
- pieces of cardboard cut in pieces about 2 feet long
- some silk flowers and ribbons
Decorate sun hat with silk flowers and other trims.
- Have children wrap yarn around the pieces of cardboard about fifty times. Tie off one end by slipping a piece of yarn through the loops on the cardboard and tying a knot. Now cut the other end. Divide the yarn ends into 3 equal bunches and braid. Make two braids this way.
- Now attach your braids to the hat with the hot glue or Alene's quick drying glue. The barrettes are put onto the braids hanging down from the hat and the hat can be hung on the wall. These are very cute.
By Debra in CO
October 21, 20040 found this helpful
This sounds so cute.
May I ask what type of sun hat you are referring to? Could you give me a description of the one you use?
Do you have any pictures of your finished product you could email me?
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on September 20, 2016 at 11:21:41 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us