Why Is My Laundry Dingy?

I moved and the washer I am using is leaving my colored clothes dingy, I can't get them clean. I read to use Iron Out on whites. Can you also use it on colored clothes? What would be best for soaking my colored clothes? They are mostly my 4 year old daughter's clothes.

Cass from KS

My daughter HATES to do laundry! I used to do it for her so

my grand kids had clean fresh clothes! Then I decided to let her

do her own, I had my own to do. Then she taught the kids to

do their own. But that's all they did not hers (I don't blame them)

Her clothes looks dingy cause they stay dirty too long. She

used to say that doing laundry was like going shopping,cause

she saw clothes she hadn't seen for so long. How lazy is that!

I should be ashamed to type that, but I guess it makes me too mad to be ashamed! Grrrr at her!

I need to add, my reason isn't because I waited too long to do laundry. I recently was inspecting my washer to make sure it was running right, I noticed that during the wash cycle it isn't rotating the clothing. It shakes as if it is so I didn't know it wasn't working properly. So now that I know it the washer, once I replace my washer. How do I get the ding out of the colored clothes?? I tried soaking the whites in lemon, and I also tried the cascade trick. Neither worked.

Any help would be great..

Since your problem is a washer that is not working properly, I would just try washing as usual when you get a new washer or have this one fixed. It may be that they come clean with a good wash cycle.

If not, try one of the many things suggested until you find one that works. I would start with the baking soda, maybe Borax if that didn't work. good luck.

I would try some Clorox 2, it's safe for colored clothes. I'd also put a little white vinegar in the rinse cycle. Not enough to make the clothes smell like a pickle, just a half cup or so. It helps get all the soap out, brightens a bit, and does help a little with static. I think too much fabric softener builds up in the washer. Borax is good for whites but I wouldn't use it for colors. Hope this helps.

Dingy Clothing on a Clothing Line
Solutions for Dingy Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryFebruary 10, 2009
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
Laundry in Washing Machine
How To Do Laundry
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent