Sealing Acrylic Paint for Outside Use

I used an acrylic paint to put a design on a flower pot. It will be used outside and I need to know what to use on it to seal the acrylic paint so that it doesn't chip or run.

By Pam from OH

Acrylic paint does not usually chip or run, but if it does use a clear coat. Can get at most hardware stores. Next time use Patio Paints, no sealing needed on patio paints.

The Patio Paints "thegoodlife" mentioned carries a clear sealer. You can paint it on top of your design to protect it. Several coats applied, with drying time in between, are best.

Patio paints are absolutely the best. I did the same thing to a large flower pot about 3 years ago to cover an ugly well head and to this day, the paint and pot are holding up very well. I do check it so often and it still looks great and I live in the changing climate type weather.

Crafts AdviceMay 24, 2010
Sealing a Painted Deck
Sealing a Painted Deck
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
Chipped Paint on Old Chair
Sealing Chipped Paint on Old Wood
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails