Uses for Cereal Bags

One thing I do as an avid recycler is to use the empty bag inside the cereal box for crushing graham crackers to make crust. I use crackers and dried bread to make crumbs for meatloaf. Those bags are much more durable than plastic storage bags, and they are virtually free. I also use them to store meat or bread items in the freezer!

By Bobbie from Rockwall

I save them too--they're wonderful. I like to use them to crush nuts for cookies when I only need a small amount. I just put a handful in and whack away with my rolling pin. They also make great bags to coat things with breadcrumbs, like chicken.

I love to open them and cut into a circle to use as covers for reheating in the microwave. They are much sturdier than waxed paper. I wash them and hang them on the refrigerator with magnetic hooks to dry. The hooks are available at any auto parts store.

I use them for food scraps to take to our animals. I have a flowered Tupperware container that these bags fit in just right, place it on my counter next to the sink, and throw in food scraps as needed. If the bag isn't full, I just close it till the next day and the odors don't escape. I also use them for broken glass pieces to avoid breaking the trash bag.

I use them to pack lunches in. I make the sandwiches and just put a small piece of tape on to hold them closed. They are really waxed paper, so it works just great.

If you put your head of lettuce in one, it will stay crisp MUCH longer. It does not seem to turn brown either!

I agree! I've been saving them for ages and sometimes wish we ate more cereal so I'd have more. ;o) I use them to pack foods for lunches, to hold messy scraps that are going in the trash, to keep bread and other baked goods fresh. The uses are unlimited.