Advice For Moving a House

We have been looking a home that is being sold to move from its location. This home is in good condition but will be demolished because of new development going up. We have property and a pad ready. I would like to hear from folks who have had an entire house (not mobile home or manufactured home) moved onto their property and what to look for. We don't know anyone else who has done this so we have no idea.

Diane Rodriguez from Sanger, CA

I've never done it, but I do remember when I was a kid there was a house that came into our neighborhood, it cost ONE DOLLAR!!! All they had to pay was for the moving, seemed quite a deal, still does! Go for it!

I think it costs way more than a dollar now. I saw something recently on either the Discovery Channel or TLC. I saw by googling that moves houses. Though they are probably more expensive than a local contractor, you might go through their website just to see what kind of price range you're talking about. Also google "house moving" +"Sanger, California".

I'd do some checking on the moving costs. It may cost almost as much as building a new place. Almost!

They are house/building movers. They aren't really expensive. My father dismantled a building at the cost of $1. There were four sections that were moved less than 2 miles. Cost was a trade off on materials.

A home was moved less than 500 feet near where I work. He had movers out of Sutton WV. Don't know the companies name. Would be too far for you to use. Congratulations on the price you can get for the home. Cost of moving would in no way equal the amount of building from scratch. Good Luck

Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousAugust 19, 2007
Older Cat
Moving an Older Cat
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Duck eggs in a nest.
Moving Duck Eggs
Woman Putting Cat in Cat Carrier in Car
Moving With Pets