Use Old CDs as a Bird Deterrent

Do you have birds making nests on your porch or in your plants? Then get some old CDs you don't want, put a strong string through the hole and tie it and take the other (long) end and tie it to your porch so it hangs down. It will twirl and reflect light. The birds are scared of it and will not come back. I have them all over the front porch, no more birds! This method works in the garden as well, just hang them in a tree or post where the birds come around.

By sewnva from Danville, VA

I hope this will keep birds from pecking my peaches and plums as they destroyed the crop last year. I will try the CDs. Thanks.

I hung several CDs, removed the beginnings of the next, and the sparrows have still returned.

Still looking for a solution.

Nesting Robin
Deterring Nesting Birds
Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesMarch 26, 2009
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
Black Charcoal Grill with lid closed on a white background
Keeping Birds from Nesting in a BBQ
Bird
Keeping Birds Away
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
🎄