Frozen Grapes for a Sweet Treat

This summer I wanted to cut down on sugar consumption when grandkids visited. I put assorted colored grapes on wooden skewers and froze the individual skewers. Voila! Grapesicles! (Unfortunately, my husband and I loved them so much, we are now in Frozen Grape Rehab!)

By Mom L from Graham, TX

Another delicious low sugar treat is to pull all the stems from the grapes then freeze them. When they are completely frozen, put them in a bowl and mix with light whipped topping. The whipped topping freezes on the grape. Super treat! I eat these all year long.

I believe a cup of grapes this way is only about 50 calories.

Lots of sugar in grapes. As a diabetic, I can only eat about 10 at a time, and I love them frozen.

Yes I used to do this when my children were small. Big bunches of grapes don't last long on the counter after they are bought. I would leave half out for them to eat and freeze the rest for them to eat later. They did love frozen grapes.

A photo of frozen grapes.
Freezing Grapes
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesSeptember 10, 2010
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
bowl of red, green, and black grapes
Pickled Grape Recipes
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Meatballs cooking in sauce.
Using Frozen Meatballs